Mugona YMCA branch
Vision: To be a model center of youth activities and programmes
To make youth self reliant and meet their physical, mental and spiritual needs by disseminating information on leadership skills developing projects, behavior change and facilitating recreational activities.
This branch was started in the year 1977. Members of the community joined together and donated 12 acres of land to start the center.
Programmes, projects and activities.
- Primary education
- Early childhood development
- Cash crop farming - coffee and tea
- HIV & AIDS awareness campaign and support of orphans
- Livestock farming
- Drama / skits club
- Youth and recreational activities i.e. ball games and athletics
- Leadership training – women group
- Food security